Transport research at Loughborough University aims to achieve research excellence in transport that is recognised both internationally and nationally. The group has established a reputation for delivering research outputs which are relevant and respected not only within the academic community but also within the wider industry and policy environment both nationally and internationally.
- Intelligent transport systems
- Big data and mobility
- Road user behaviour
- In-depth road transport collision research
- Autonomous vehicles
- Impact of deep learning in autonomous vehicles
- Autonomous robots
- Consumer value
The De Montfort University Interdisciplinary Group in Intelligent Transport Systems (DIGITS) is a research group of academics who focus on a wide range of intelligent transport and transport infrastructure solutions. The group is dedicated to carrying out research and developing programmes that will progress the introduction of sustainable urban and regional transport policies across the European Union and internationally.
- Intelligent integrated traffic and air quality control
- Mechanical behaviour of pavement and rail track materials
- Airport and harbour environment modelling and evaluation
- Geographical information systems and data mining
- Computational intelligence
- Embedded systems and ECU design
- Electric range extenders
- Cyber security
The Centre for Transportation and Mobility is a cross faculty research group focusing on the design and engineering of future transport systems, including the growing influence of the internet and connectivity. The focus is on inclusive, sustainable and safe transport integrating the strongest research elements in design and engineering.
- Human Factor & Ergonomics
- Vehicle Dynamics and Safety
- Low Carbon Vehicles
- Human Systems Integration
The main research area of the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN) is wireless and mobile communication networks domain. Simulation of large scale wireless networks is of great importance to the group since the application use case scenario used in the group is building new generation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Members of the group also specialise in Mobile Phone Programming, Security in Mobile World.
- Wireless and mobile networks
- Ad-hoc wireless networks – Novel Message Delivery Protocols
- REMOURBAN new lighthouse H2020
- Sustainable mobility
- Traffic Simulation
- Mathematical traffic flow modelling
- Mobile Phone Applications Development
- Security in Mobile Networks
The Transport Systems Catapult is one of seven elite technology and innovation centres established and overseen by the UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK. The reason for Catapult’s existence is to drive and promote Intelligent Mobility, using new and emerging technologies to transport people and goods more smartly and efficiently. Catapult helps UK businesses to create products and services that meet the needs of the world’s transport systems as they respond to ever-stretching demands. They help sell UK capability on the global stage, while also promoting the UK as a superb test bed for the transportation industry.
- Data Exploitation
- Customer Experience
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Modelling and Visualisation